Other people get portentous dreams prophesying war: I get dreams insisting this is a Scandinavian folk dish colloquially called a “Shitstorm”. It is no such thing, but what it is is a handy rice-cooker meal which marries principles of a Levantine Makloubeh with a Spanish Tortilla.
Not A Shitstorm
- about 1/2 measure of rice
- 3 eggs
- 100g ish of new potatoes, sliced into flat slabs
- one chonk of frozen spinach
- two little chonks of frozen chopped kale
- vegetable boullion
- cooking spray
- garlic powder, roughly 1 mustard spoon thereof
- spray the inside of your rice cooker bowl
- layer the bottom with the potato slices
- cover with rice, add the frozen vegetable chonks
- fill to the appropriate level with vegetable boullion (remember you will need to account for the potatoes). add garlic powder.
- let the rice cooker do its thing. while it’s doing that, beat the eggs.
- pour the eggs into the cooked tower of rice and veg. Give it a bit of a poke so it actually filters through.
- Another round of the rice cooker.
You should have a kind of… ricetila with green bits that tastes of garlic. I’ve no idea if the Definitely Not Shitstorm Of My Dreams will catch on but it’s very easy to make and I’m always in favour of recipes like that.