One That Isn’t Overpoweringly Sweet But Also Makes You Feel Like You’re Eating Something Desperately Twee.
You Will Need
And a candied rose petal for garnish, if you’re into it.
How to Make It
- Wang in your sugar and butter together and cream them together, which basically means just keep mushing them into each other with a spoon until there’s no more grains and it’s like cream.
- Add yer tiny egg and whisk it up with your creamy stuff until you’ve got something like mushy scrabbled egg.
- Pop in the flour and mix that in until the whole thing is smooth and there’s no flour hanging around.
- Splash in your rose water and mix it in.
- Do the same with your cochineal.
- Do it with the glitter.
- Scoop it into a little cake thing… patty? Whatever they’re called:
Then bang it in the oven at 180C for 15 minutes.
Once it’s out and cool, stick a rose petal on the top:
Look at the twee fucking cake you just made. You should be ashamed of yourself.