Things I have done
- Had one of my books mentioned in the Guardian, which I do not plan to shut up about any time soon.
Things strangers have done
- Mapped London’s independent bookshops, to help anyone who wants to support independent businesses and get their books from sources that actually pay their taxes.
- Provided a handy guide to embroidery needles, which helped me somewhat when I managed to snap one of mine in half while trying to straighten it after my ham hands bent it.
- Sold very posh perfumes in imp sizes (2 ml bottles) for the impoverished and curious.
- Collected together the very best and most innovative tattoos from around the world. Lots of material for inspiration here, although as the curator of the blog says, don’t copy anything directly – original work always looks better.
- Posted about her exploits as an artist-in-residence at McMurdo, which involve a lot of penguins.
- Put up a short guide to the colourful and weird slang of 1920s America. This should hopefully prove useful if I ever get onto my prohibition-era noir pulp thing with alien pregnancies that I have small plans to write.
That’s about it from me for this year. See you in 2014!