Things Other People Have Done
- Written a sardonic post about popular myths about poetry.
- Designed an eating game based around the Prisoner’s Dilemma. A friend of mine was one of the original test party for this and spent a while explaining interesting “hacks” of the overall premise, which is after all what games are really about.
- Put up a 1965 high school student’s research paper project: to ask several best-selling authors of the time about symbolism in their work. A surprising number replied, although as you’d expect they weren’t really into the literary criticism side of their stories.
- Created a useful toy for house planners and writers alike: a room layout planner. Helpful for visualising fictional spaces. (via Cindy R)
- Written an article about why storytelling is a valuable tool in understanding, in neurological terms as well as social ones.
- Made this cool thing that makes patterns and is extremely good for calming one down after stressful work days.
- Put up a tutorial on how to make failed lab experiments.
- Made a regular podcast about the history of the English language.
Things I have done
- Started a fashion magazine/blog called Faschionism which should, hopefully, update several times a week with stuff from various contributors.