Things friends & acquaintances have done
- I wrote a poem in response to a prompt some time ago: the artist who prompted me has responded with a set of truly astounding illustrations. I wish to draw everyone’s attention both to the beautiful detail in the inkwork, and to the light on the crown and the face of the beast. Top-notch.
- Likewise in the arts arena, acquaintance and fellow-writer Anna J Roberts has popped out another book, and this one has my cover design on it.
- It was my birthday yesterday, and to celebrate my friend F wrote me a poem to my requirements: about fish.
- And then my friend Kevin drew me a dude being eaten by a tentacle monster, because my friends know me.
Things strangers have done
- Written a thought-provoking and to my mind/experience at least very accurate article about classism and academic jargon turning working-class women off feminism.
- Created very funny and eerily accurate fake announcements on the London Underground.
- Provided a concise and very helpful guide on content-editing your own work, which I think I will be referring back to regularly myself.
- Created a thing, or possibly a whatsit, which scans Twitter for tweets in iambic pentameter, and then arranges them into poems.
- Offered some handy hints for getting ahead with NaNoWriMo.
- Made a Fibonacci cabinet, which is beautiful nerdery, or possibly a demonstration of why the Golden Ratio is so important in everything.